Leaving New York Never Easy

On our last day in New York we visited something I hadn't heard of before. It was called the high line and used to be train tracks, but they put concrete on it and made it like a path. They had planted different plants around it, it was really nice. It's a really nice walk or just a nice place to have lunch! New York never stopped impressing me! There is just so much!


In the afternoon Louise was so kind to pick us up to drive us to the airport! I miss Louise already, she was amazing!

When we arrived at the check-in we were told that our flight was 4 hours late!! So annoying! We could've been out in Manhattan having fun, but we had to waste our time at the airport! Anyway, we got 16 dollars each on the airline because they were so late so that we could get some food. We all went to McDonalds on the airport and had some food and pretty much just sat there for 3 hours. There were free wifi, but only for 30 min which was lame!

When we came through the security to go to our gate, we heard that our plane was another hour late! I did wish to be in New York a little longer, but from now on I'll be careful what I wish for! Note to self: Never fly long distance flights with Norwegian!

We became friends with the other people who sat around us waiting for the same flight so that was really, really nice! There were two sisters from Ecuador, two Norwegian women, my dad, Ken and I and a boy who knew some magic tricks. We had our own little gang which was so nice. It made time go a little bit faster!

We were waiting forever, I have no idea how late the plane was in the end, but it was more than five hours for sure! The entire JFK had closed down, there were no other flights coming or going for the night, just us! What was pretty bad was that all the stores had closed so we had no food or water for the many hours we were stranded by the gate! In the end we finally all took off for Oslo. We had missed our connecting flight in Oslo, but thankfully we got a new flight that left almost straight away!

Then it was home to cold Bergen! We were in Bergen for about 4 days before heading off to Ireland again which is where we are now!